Halcyon's LP Hoses, opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Am considering making my purchase of what I need to set up my rig for long hoses....

Extreme-Exposure and the Halcyon brand are offering a complete setup for what looks to be a good price...

I'm looking for opinions on quality of this product. I know we have lots of fans of their BC's and want to see if you are just as happy with the LP hoses.

If you want to suggest an alternate brand, please do.

My hoses are holding up well. No complaints here.

They're good hoses.

Tom

...no problems or leaks yet...

One of them was waaaay too long and keeps getting hung up on everything. I could barely find my octo at the end of it, even using the excellent techniques I learned in OW class.

It also was not yellow so it is hard for some to tell that it is my octo. Just put some of those spiral things on and you will be Ok.

Tommy

Otherwise, a great set of hoses!

tombiowami, there's stuff that'll dissolve the superglue that's between your tounge and your cheek. :)

I've got two set sof their hoses, the packages are a good price and they're nice hoses.

Roak

I'll jump on the bandwagon too. I bought a long hose kit from EE and am happy with them.

tombiowami once bubbled...
One of them was waaaay too long and keeps getting hung up on everything. I could barely find my octo at the end of it, even using the excellent techniques I learned in OW class.

It also was not yellow so it is hard for some to tell that it is my octo. Just put some of those spiral things on and you will be Ok.

Tommy

Otherwise, a great set of hoses!

And the damn thing keeps getting wrapped around my knees! But my daughter loves to skip rope with it....she doesn't like the hissing sound, though.

Just make sure you're buying "Halcyon" if that's what you really want. I bought a set of hoses that were supposedly Halcyon, from a store that carried Halcyon stuff, and they were just ordinary hoses the same length as the Halcyon ones, with no hose protectors, not what I was expecting.

That being said, they're still hoses the correct length and work fine - I just don't have hose protectors on them :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom