Gear bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c_m_wood

Registered
Reaction score
For all of you who regularly take your diving gear on a plane what do you keep it in? Do you check it into the hold or take it as carry on? I dont have a BC yet but am thinking of buying a hard attache case with a foam insert cut out to fit my octopus (whole reg setup), torch, compass etc. Would reassure me that my expensive kit isn't being mistreated. What are your thoughts on this? What does everyone else use? Fins, mask etc would be in my suitcase still just want to make sure my regs were safe. Your ideas...

Akona wheel bags are nice ... fairly sturdy, never lost anything or had anything broken personally ... can use zip ties to get around the constant cutting the bag open by security guards at the airport ... they still look suspiciously at 1st stage regulator "bombs" with hosed 2nd stage purge button detonators <heh>.

Personally, I would never buy a bag that advertised it contained dive gear. There are several different trains of thought on that issue but I would rather take the conservative road myself.

Since I have switched to a bp and wing I am able to fit it into a computer size carry on bag and carry it on with me. There is also room for one mask and my regs. It sits safely and comfortably in the over head compartment or under the seat in front of me. I know when I arrive I have the two most critical items I need.

In my check in, I put my pony, fins, suits and the rest of the stuff I take on a trip. But it goes into a regular suitcase that has no dive emblems, symbols or brand names.

Once on site, I use an Armor extra large mesh bag with back pack straps. It stuffs under a boat seat very easily and gets in no ones way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom