underwater camera housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boondocksaint

Registered
Reaction score
Hi i am to this and i have a Nikon N55 35mm SLR Camera and was trying to find a underwater camera housing for it but i have had no luck yet does anybody know where i can look for one or if they even make one

Is this a digital or film camera?

Check with Ikelite - www.ikelite.com

They have a wide range of housings and can custom make them, too.

Also check out www.digideep.com for your model of camera to see the housing selections available.

Ikelite does not make a housing for this camera. You might want to look into a Digital camera. Search "Digital Cameras" here on SB for a lot of good information.

photohikedive:
I don't know how the more experienced underwater photographers might think, but I saw this on ebay, and was considering it for myself. I shoot with a D70, but would hate to lose it underwater. This wouldn't be a bad way, just to get wet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7591622065&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Might be a great camera, especially if you can get it cheap enough. I'm always a bit leery of the "as is" disclaimer. The D70 is a great U/W camera but as for most cameras, housing cost a far bit more than the camera.

boondocksaint:
Hi i am to this and i have a Nikon N55 35mm SLR Camera and was trying to find a underwater camera housing for it but i have had no luck yet does anybody know where i can look for one or if they even make one

This is an old 35mm camera, and nobody makes a housing for it. I would suggest buying a newer model like the N90 for which you can still buy a housing.

The bottom is dropping out of pricing for even good film cameras, and you can pick one up cheaply. The housing will cost you a bundle though.

Good luck

Check ebay for someone trying to get rid of their housing....I know I have a closet full of stuff...if your heart is set on this camera uw. Also do contact Ike - he can make a housing for you, I'll bet :wink:

Housing this camera isn't going to be cheap, so you might want to consider some alternatives based on how much you dive and how much you want to spend and what you like to take photos of underwater...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom