DDS Horsea Is.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ollie

Reaction score
A great dive location if you are more interested in ine tec side.
I wouldn't advise scubadoo's to dive there if they are looking for a nice warm clear dive :p.

I did the RN/SCC Diving course there and i really enjoyed it. I have never dived in 0 vis b4 and i gained more confidence there.

Just a quick question - how does one go about tech diving in horsea? It's only about 10m deep isn't it!?

Hardly the place for trimix and stages is it! :confused:

From what I've heard the penetration is hardly onerous as well...

Chris

ok my attempt at sarcasm went a bit wrong. The vist was 0, just how i like it. And i wasnt tec diving, i was doing the RN diving course which is more about searching and working in 0 vis.

It was a good laugh.

I didnt do n e penetration while i was there, so i cant comment on it.

Missed that - sorry!

If you want REAL tech diving - go to Swanage pier. Last dive I did there was on twin 12s. Max depth 3.4 metres time 65 minutes. Starting gas 240bar finishing gas 220bar...

All in the name of practice!

I did the dive on 32% as well...

Chris

it was a 250bar fill (just checked my logbook)

That gives an SBR of 11.something litres per minute...

What can I say - it was a relaxing dive looking at shagging spider crabs!

In the red sea, I did a night dive and got it down just over 8lpm. I didn't move about much though...

AND I'm an unfit biffa!

Chris

Chris... that is what I call very conservative diving - twin 12s for a dive under the pier.

Actually, I thing it is a brilliant little shore dive. I love it under there... 3 steps from the car, fills on hand, hot food too and some great pubs just a pleasant stroll away - not to mention the fish and chips!
:snorkel:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom