Bottom Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an older Parkway version of the Uwatec bottom timer as the primary instrument for depth and time (along with the deco plan and continegency plans on a slate) and use my Sherwood Wisdom as the backup (in either nitrox mode or gauge mode depending on the dive parameters).

I am not sure what Dacor model you are referring to.

Red Cow:
Does anyone use a bottom timer as their prmary gauge. Back up gauge? Does anyone know about the Dacor model?

Lots of tech divers do for both.

The Dacor model is old as dirt.(as in not made in over 12 years)

I use the pressure guage as my primary so I don't run out of air. I time with a Casio G-Shock watch. I know how deep it is so depth isn't an issue. I have a Oceanic Veo for back up but very seldom look at it.

I just put my computer (UWATEC Aladin Tec) in gauge mode - the classic UWATEC BT (sold under a few different brands) lack some features (stop watch, dive data download) that I want.

Primary: Delta P VR3 C4
Backup: Citizen Aquamaster dive watch

I use an Uwatec Digital Bottom Timer. I have an analog Depth guage, and G-Shock in pocket as backups.

I have been looking a the Aladdin Tec, like the download feature.

Tobin

cerich:
Lots of tech divers do for both.

The Dacor model is old as dirt.(as in not made in over 12 years)
Yup - I just found a Dacor made in 1989 that is new-old-stock as in never been used. Changeable battery (lithium like a camera battery). New batt and presto, brand new Dacor bottom timer. Does anyone know athing about these instruments? Reliable? Pre 2000, Dacor made good equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom