Amazing Diving - Les Escoumins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barb

Contributor
Reaction score
Les Escoumins, east of the Saguenay river is the best diving I've done since Mexico.
Yes the water is cold - 48 F, but I was in a 7 + 5 wet suit and still dove for 40 min.
The highlight for me was feeding a wolf eel/wolf fish a sea urchin - very fun!
The sea life are amazing - many, many star fish, urchins, crabs, wolf eels, eels, cod, shrimp, jelly fish.
The land in this area is so beautiful - water falls with a salmon run.
Whale watching was exciting. We saw many balluga, minky.
One day we saw a huge blue whale only 300 feet from shore going by a group of divers. The divers did'nt see him though.
This is a wonderful trip for a long weekend - I'm definitely going back.

Thanks for the update Barb,

We're (small group from Peterborough) are heading there on Labour Day.

regards

Mike

I have never been to Les Escoumins but I have heard from several friends that it is quite the dive... and you've just re-iterated it.

Sounds like an AMAZING dive! Thanks for sharing it with us.
:D

~SubMariner~

10 of us Just got back for a week at Les Escoumins.
Diving was great, visibility = excellent, weather good, water cold varied 38° at low tide to 34°F at high tide.

We found an Arlantic Wolf eel and spend 2-3 dives feeding him sea urchins and taking his picture. Got some with my Aquashot3 and some on video. I 'll post some if they turn out.

Mike
:blfish:

U/W photo

Your friendly neibourhood Wolf Eel

Mike D

U/W photos

Toad Crab

Mike D

U/W photos

Polar Starfish

Mike D

U/W photos

Jelly fish

Mike D

I love your pictures !!!
They bring back very happy memories for me.
That Wolfie looks very familiar (a bit larger since the last time I saw him/her - probably does'nt get much exercise all those divers hand feeding, he, he, he)
I was so inspired after I fed the wolf eels that I made a Raku Mask of one (Raku is a pottery technique).
Thanks again for the great pictures - I plan to go back again next August long weekend - hopefully wearing a drysuit this tiime.

Barb:)

I just got my pictures back from our Les Escoumins trip.

These were taken at night, with an Aquashot 3e (with Fuju Endeavour10 camera, and 50 watt halogen flood bulb in my cannister light.

Was I surpised at the results.

Mike D
:blfish;

POLAR STAR fish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom