New and need some suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blondo

New
Reaction score
I'm new to diving and will be getting my certification next month. I have done quite a bit of snorkeling, but I now need some suggestions regarding equipment. Which brands and models I should look at as well as what I should buy new and what I can get used without worrying about equipment failure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you:D

Welcome blondo. Ahhh, equipment. That is an expansive question. I think the best thing to do is to look under the forum for Scuba Equipment. There are a lot of factors to consider, one of the most important ones being how often will you be diving. It might be a good idea to rent for a while.
Well have a look around and I'm sure you will get lots of good advice.

welcome to scuba board

Welcome to SCUBA board!! There are a lot of different sections on this board that are related to equipment, and I think that you would find those really useful. In the long run, the best gear for you is what your most comfortable with. Good luck, and congrats on starting diving!! Have fun in your classes!!

If you have any other questions, send me a PM, and I'll try to help ya the best I can!!

Have fun!!
Kayla

Howdy and welcome to SB!

You'll find a wealth of info on our gear forums, and learn more all over the place here.

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-004.gif

blondo:
I'm new to diving and will be getting my certification next month. I have done quite a bit of snorkeling, but I now need some suggestions regarding equipment. Which brands and models I should look at as well as what I should buy new and what I can get used without worrying about equipment failure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you:D

Time for some homework my friend. Becoming gear savvy is in many ways more of a challenge than getting certified.

There's a lot of good stuff out there so you should consider almost all of it. the key is finding out what is right for you.

If you need to watch the cash a freshly rebuilt regulator may save you the most without compromise. Next best would be a BC but you need a little more luck to find the right good used one. Don't bother with neoprene that has much age or many dives on it.

Spend some quality time in the gear forums and it will all start to make sense.

Welcome to SB and to the sport.

Pete

Moved from Introductions & Greets.

WE always try and take care of Scubaboard members..........just let us know when you order and we'll take care of you.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom