Shake your bootie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ironcat

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a little problem which I hope can be answered right away... I have really big calves so the zippers on my booties always pop open and slide down to my fin strap.
Is there a bootie with either some sort of "locking" zipper or maybe a velcro strap that closes over the zipper to hold it in place? I tried googling for one and couldn't find anything.

I was shopping for booties, and a few other new toys,yesterday. I saw a pair by Henderson that had a velcro strap to hold the zipper in locked down position. Can't remember exactly the model name , think it was instadry or something like that. Saw it at Tom's here in Austin, maybe you can try to find it locally or on web. Wasn't the least expensive, but of all models they had I liked it the best.

Have you thought about zipperless booties?
I have never tried them, but they might be the answer.
Jeffrey

Ironcat, I had the same problem with my booties. My dive master told me to just place my wet suit OVER the booties which protects the zipper. This has worked everytime. Maybe it will work for you.

Heffey:
Have you thought about zipperless booties?
I have never tried them, but they might be the answer.
Jeffrey

I second the zipperless, ultrastretch design. Zippers are usually the first thing to go on booties (if you can stand the smell) from the constant stress on them.

BOOTS_hyperstretch_nozip.jpg

Thanks all... I will look up the instadry and maybe the zipperless also. I can't wear my wetsuit on top though, I just wear a shortie and it would be very hard to swim if my wetsuit was over the top of my booties...

If your only wearing a shortie or don't need the thermal protection, go with a lowcut bootie. It ends at the ankle.

Deep See also has a boot with a velcro retainer that holds the zipper up. It is called the Deep See Orca Purge. It is a little more expensive than most booties but it just another option.

Back
Top Bottom