Veo 250 cleaning question!, Oceanic Omega 2 info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BsmokeyD

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all, Just recently bought a veo 250 swiv. Well it did not come with a compass, so I bought one. The problem is this... I got the compass in today, I went to go get it installed at my LDS(same place I ordered through) Well we installed it with the lubber line facing perpendicular to how I would be holding it, In our attempt to reposition the compass... the compass broke. Got the oil inside and all over the new veo 250 swiv. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on how to clean this? I checked the owners manual...It says a 1 to 1 ratio warm water and white vinger (but thats for salt crystals) Also will this possibly damage the computer input/output data connection?

Also, for anyone who looks up the Oceanic Omega 2 regulator, I bought one of these, just tried it out in the pool the other night, YES it was wet, particularly when looking up. I was told by my LDS who talked to an oceanic guy, that the problem can easily be fixed by readjusting the mouthpiece so the side exhaust is lower than the mouthpiece. The side exhaust is the problem, when moving about if it gets higher than the mouthpiece, it will get wet. Have yet to try it though. Will get back later on this to see if it works.

Looking into your first question. Warm, not hot. Viniger won't cut the oil so no need to use. Some small amount of dishsoap in the water.

I don't play around with the mouthpiece on the Omega 2.But it may also help. I had a Omega 2 for years, long before I was a rep. I always found that a slight tilt of my head to the left when I exhale every second breath or so resolved 99% of the wet breathing. The water enters the second stage on the exhale so tilting the head to the left on the exhale allows water to egress and little to enter. This is provided it you have the reg routed from the right, from the left the opposit holds true.

Enjoy the Oceanic gear, if you have issues with the computer let me know.

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom