Hi from San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbdolfina

New
Reaction score
I have been diving for about 30 years. My first reg set was US Diver. I bought Ocean Edge in the 80's and have had about 1000 dives with it. I took it in for maintenance here in San Diego and I was told that the company went out of business in about 1991and that it was a dinosaur. I have maintained my equipment well and had work done in Aruba and Costa Rica on the equipment by reputable people that I know. So anyway, I now find myself in the market for new equipment. Questions: Does anyone have or know of the following brands, XS Scuba Seaair Tri-Metal Regulator, Scuba Max and Oceanic. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I am no longer teaching as I am flying, however, I do enjoy diving and traveling.:05:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I started diving in 1969 with a US Divers Deep Star, upgraded to a Calypso J, now for the last 20 years I've been using ScubaPro. Scubapro for the last 20 years has continued to support older models with service and repair parts. The other brands you mention are more recent brands, and while they may be good (most recent regulators are) There is no way to tell which companys might have parts 5 or 10 years in the future.

Search the board for equipment reviews. There will probably be divers with experience with each brand you're interested in. With Scuba Board you'll find lots of up old divers - hidden between new divers posts.

Hello from Fl. Welcome to the board. Cant ancer you question but I am sure you well get it ancerd here.

sbdolfina:
I have been diving for about 30 years. My first reg set was US Diver. I bought Ocean Edge in the 80's and have had about 1000 dives with it. I took it in for maintenance here in San Diego and I was told that the company went out of business in about 1991and that it was a dinosaur. I have maintained my equipment well and had work done in Aruba and Costa Rica on the equipment by reputable people that I know. So anyway, I now find myself in the market for new equipment. Questions: Does anyone have or know of the following brands, XS Scuba Seaair Tri-Metal Regulator, Scuba Max and Oceanic. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I am no longer teaching as I am flying, however, I do enjoy diving and traveling.:05:

Welcome to SB...

If you still have your old stuff...Try this place...
http://www.vintagescubasupply.com/

Otherwise most of the major manufacturers equipment is comparable...

Hello sbdolfina, from another San Diegan! Welcome to ScubaBoard. Stop by the So Cal forum when you get a chance and give us a shout....

Welcome to the board. Your knowledge and experince will be a nice addition to the forum. Please take a moment to share as much as you feel comfortable with in your forum. At least city and state or country.

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > California Kelp Divers > SoCal.

Old stuff? Visit The Sea Hunt Era.

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by GreetBot R/2

Welcome to the board. Try doing a search with in the sub-forums of this link. You will be amazed at the information already listed for you.

Click here ---->[red]The Equipment of Scuba Diving[/red]

Howdy and Weclome to SB!
action-smiley-030.gif

Good to have you join us. PM me from the link below if I can help you find your way.

If you want info on current regs, we have a forum for that, too. I have a 5 yo Oceanic that is okay down to about 150 ft, but bought a MK-25 for deeper training.

medium-smiley-051.gif
don

smiley-linie-004.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom