Transpac II Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiver_34

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
About 18 months ago I purchased a new Transpac II with the Trek wing and integrated weight pouches. After diving with it for some time I started to get frustrated because I was having great difficulty finding the D-rings during a dive. I recently noticed that the problem was caused by the weight pouches sliding foward while horizontal and covering the D-rings by my hips. I tried ty-wraps to hold the weight pouches in place but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thanks
NJDiver_34

If I remember right, the weight pouches are supposed to be tread so that they are over the plate that connects the shoulder straps to the waist strap. That way they should not move. If you don't have the TP II manual, you can downlaod a copy at http://www.diverite.com/acrobat/libary/tr_om.pdf . The weight pocket setup is on page 29.

Ty

I agree with Ty,
but they will still work their way forward. I put a keeper on the belt in front of the weight pouch on each side. I have the belt not the cumberbun, so I don't know how it would work with that setup.

Thanks for the info and the site with the manual, I'm going to reconfigure the Bc and give it a try.

Dive Rite will be at Dutch Springs next weekend (August 17 and 18). I plan on being there to see and hopefully try some of their equipment. Maybe you could get some first-hand information from them!

Back
Top Bottom