Northern Diver weight "harness"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
In my constant struggle to avoid wearing a weight belt I have come across a new option.

Northern Diver makes a weight belt "harness"(they don't call it a harness but I didn't know what to call it).

I will be diving in cold/ice and need a lot of weight to keep me down when I'm wearing my heavy undersuit(snomobile suit).

Has anyone tried this harness?? It's about $95 dollars U.S. on the Northern Divers site.

Thanks
Mike

I can't speak to the brand you mentioned. However, I wear an Andy's dry suit harness. It has four weight compartments that are individually droppable.

For the money, my harness has done more to increase my comfort in the water than any other piece of equipment.

looks nice and well made. The 2 included detachable thigh pockets will come in handy.

May get it wet this winter in the weight harness mode when it gets cool enough for the drysuit again.

FT

Lots of us UK Diver wear weight harnesses.

I know at least 10 in my club, they prefer the comfort and they are quite easy to release if needed. provided they are set up right... this is just what the divers in my club have told me........
not tryed and tested myself.....

:jester:

kwesler once bubbled...
Can anyone help me find them? I have beenunable to locate them.

thanks

Send a note to Bob3. He's a Northern Diver dealer.

Ty

Back
Top Bottom