Molded Delrin Finger Spools.....$15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls.............Finger Spools for $15 Each!

I have another shipment of injection molded glass-filled delrin finger spools due to arrive at my store in the last week of March. These spools come in 100 foot and 160 foot versions. The spools will be lined again with the nylon-polypro blend line just like the last group of spools. They come standard with plated brass double-enders. We had very good response with the last batch of approximately 300 spools and they sold through in just a couple of days. This time around, I am accepting pre-delivery orders for 400 spools I have arriving in the last week of March. Your credit card will not be charged until your spools are shipped, which we expect to be during the last week of March....first week of April at the latest.

The last batch got really good response from the board, so for ScubaBoard members, I have published a special page with a special price for this next batch......$15 each with FREE shipping in the lower 48 for orders of 3 spools or more. This link takes you to that special page, which cannot be accessed through our regular menu system. If you enter through our standard menu system, your price will be higher.....so make sure you use this link. These spools will likely sell through quite fast, so get your orders in so you will not miss this deal.

Glass-Filled Molded Delrin Finger Spools- Special Sale Price

Some Added Notes: A little more about the glass-filled moldings...some people that are more familiar with machined spools might not know much about molded delrin or especially about glass-filled delrin. Molded parts can be "filled" with several additional agents to change physical properties. Glass filling is the process of adding short or long glass fibers to the delrin material during the initial melting process. Glass is typically added to delrin to improve it's strength, dimensional stability, and other properties. The primary disadvantage of glass-filled material is the slightly rougher appearance of the outside skin (the surface in contact with the mold) due to the glass fibers. This appearance does not distract at all from the ability of the spool to perform it's primary function. The spool is still remarkably smooth. It does add quite a bit of strength to the traditional delrin material. The tensile strength for unfilled acetal (delrin) averages 9,000 psi, with the glass-filled material improving to 12,000 psi. Comparable improvements are seen in tensile impact strength, flexual modulus, and hardness.

Thanks for your orders.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
In US (800) 601-DIVE
International (256) 350-1122

Anyone in the UK that purchases 8 or more spools will get free USPS Global Priority Flat Rate box shipping. We are looking at other countries. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

We just found out that Canada is now accepting the USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes at the standard price. That being said, we will offer free freight to any Canadian purchaser that gets 8 of the reels. Sorry, but at a lessor quantity, you must pay the shipping. So, get a couple for yourself and some for friends! Thanks.

Finger Spools - Two Sizes - $15 - Board Special

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

I bought three of these reels and am looking forward to having them delivered.

From other peoples comments, they will rock.

Mike...

Hi. I just order 3 finger spools, but the price does not reflect the free shipping. How do I obtain the free shipping? The order id: 20566.

Thanks
D

strazz:
Phil, do you have either size in stock now?

We do not have them in stock right now. We are expecting the shipment to arrive in the last week of March or first week of April. Our last shipment of about 185 spools sold out in three days. On this shipment, we have about 500 coming, split between the two sizes. We already have pre-shipment orders for about 3/4 of them. We believe they will be sold through before the shipment arrives. If you need any further information, just let me know here. Thanks.

Finger Spools.....$15....ScubaBoard Special

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

Hey Phil where are these are far as coming in? When I drop by I want to pick some up.

Best,

Chris

Hmmm... I ordered three a week or so ago and I never rec'd an email confirmation. Did everyone else? Not a big deal if nobody did, but I want to make sure my order went through.

Chris

I did not and called them about it the other day. I was informed that this was a "pre-sale" and that the spools wouldn't be in until early April and that they'd be shipped then. Not that it matters all that much but I sure wish I had been told that.

Edit: Oops, I guess if you look at post #6, you'll see this information. I hadn't looked, there. FWIW, nobody pointed this out to me -- I just saw it while browsing...

Back
Top Bottom