Help! Need a hotel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need a hotel for the end of March.

I need a cheap hotel because although work will pay for me to stay at the Hilton, I can't afford to pay out of pocket for the 3 nights that I'm adding on. I've got a full vacation paid for already in June and I'm tapped out.

Any suggestions for a clean cheap room? Expedia has me overwhelmed and so many cheap hotels are miles and miles from the beach.

We are kinda hurtin in that department. justleesa was telling me about an okay place the other day...PM her.
Aloha,
catherine

scubamickey:
I need a hotel for the end of March.

I need a cheap hotel because although work will pay for me to stay at the Hilton, I can't afford to pay out of pocket for the 3 nights that I'm adding on. I've got a full vacation paid for already in June and I'm tapped out.

Any suggestions for a clean cheap room? Expedia has me overwhelmed and so many cheap hotels are miles and miles from the beach.

Oahu? Other island?

Oahu.
My secretary found one just now. It's called The Waikiki Gateway. On Kalakaua avenue. $102 including tax. That's expensive for a 2 1/2 star hotel.

Looks OK and it has a kitchenette. Which we'll need to cook up the Ramen since that's the only thing we'll be able to afford to eat :D

I have stayed at the Queen Kapiolani twice.

Great location. Average rooms. If you can get it for under $100/night it's well worth it. Think I found it for $65 and $80 the times we stayed there.

Easy walk to everything. Great burger place four or five doors down. Excellent, surprisingly, restaurant right on the corner upstairs open 24 hours.

Here are a couple. These hotels are a few blocks from the beach, but we have had people stay there and have received positive feedback on them

There is the Aston Honolulu Prince (2 star) - Travelocity has it starting at $73.-

The Waikiki Sand Villa - Expedia has it starting at $93

The one Alcina recommended is very nice too

And if you guys knew how much I make a year you wouldn't feel sorry for me :)
If it wasn't for our doubled barrel trip to Key Largo and the liveaboard to the Bahamas, this wouldn't be a big deal.

What is an L & L?

We reserved at the Waikiki Gateway. I looked at all the recs and then my secretary got frustrated and chose for me :) I love that woman <g>

You guys are great! If you ever want to come to Alaska give me a yell.

Back
Top Bottom