OMS SPG and a depth gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbanks78

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Is there anyway to combine an OMS spg with a depth gauge in a console boot? If I read the oms webpage corerctly, they only sell the spg in its own boot.

Thanks.

Rob

robbanks78:
Hello all,

Is there anyway to combine an OMS spg with a depth gauge in a console boot? If I read the oms webpage corerctly, they only sell the spg in its own boot.

Thanks.

Rob
I think it depends on which size you need. They have a standard 63 mm (I think that's the standard one) and a smaller one that I think tech divers may use without a boot anyway. If it's standard you're looking at, you can probably install it on any standard SPG size compatible boot. I've been looking at the dual metric imperial SPG myself. I'd love to know what you think of it if you do end up purchasing it.

I had the smaller OMS SPG. The least accurate SPG I've ever seen. Was showing 25 BAR less than there really was.
It was exchanged under warranty (very good service from the shop) but they didn't have the smaller one so I took the regular size. Guess what, the same crapp. 25 BAR less than every other SPG was showing.
Well, the shop exchaned it again (did I mention the good service? :D) and the last one is more accurate. It shows only 5 BAR less than other.
I got tired of exchanging the OMS SPG's, went out and bought me an Apeks SPG with both BAR and PSI markings and it's fine. The OMS will be a back up SPG and will mostlikely never be used.
Just my experience with OMS SPG's. YMMV. :wink:

robbanks78:
Is there anyway to combine an OMS spg with a depth gauge in a console boot?
Why would you want to?

Just because that's the way it was in your open water class, doesn't mean it is always that way.

Back
Top Bottom