Nitek 3 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok... just got this used Nitek 3... and....

from reading the manual, it seems that the computer always stays on...
all the time...

is this correct?

thanks in advance

I just looked at mine and the LCD is alive and ticking - so I guess your answer is yes.

sweet.... thanks...

the manual is rather cryptic

I like the computer itself but have had great trouble with the PC interface. The dives compared with my Suunto Cobra are more liberal on the first but more conservative on repetitive dives. I really like the stage decompression countdown timer. I compare it with the Vplanner profiles and they are pretty close.

thanks Tom. i don't have (nor will get) the PC interface

well, i'm pretty frustrated... after buying a small screwdiver, i tried to remove
the battery, and no good

i can't get those little screws loose. well, got one loose. the others won't
fragging budge.

with the Atmos 2, that was not a problem. the battery compartment got opened
in no time at all.

this blows chunks

We've not had to change batteries in our two NiTek3 units yet, so i don't have any tips or tricks to offer. The old standard 'spray with a bit of LPS or WD-40' routine might be OK, might not for this application. Maybe the previous owner stripped the threads or crossthreaded it at some point in the past???

Keep us posted if you wind up with any tips or tricks to share. Since you're in Florida, maybe your neighborhood Dive Rite dealer can assist?

Andy

The screws are probably set with locktite. Place the unit face down on a thick towel. Take a small hammer and gently tap on the screwdriver while putting pressure to turn it.

tried that, Tom... no good

(to clarify, tried it after you told me... thakns for the suggestion)

ok... well... different question

with patience, tapping, and the use of gloves (don't ask) i managed to get three
screws out

alas... one remains... i am afraid i've stripped the head... so...

any hints on how to get a stripped screw out?

Back
Top Bottom