Mobile, AL Dive Opportunities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwlast

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gonna be in Mobile for a day or two mid-Feb, got to admit don't know much about dive opportunities in the area....or even the area itself. Anybody help out with possible dive locations, charter operators, etc? Anything close by, won't have too much time. I enjoy UW photography if there are good locations for that.

Thanks in advance....

The gulf Shores / Orange Beach area is about 45 min. from Mobile ....Theres some great diving out in the gulf , alot wrecks and artificial reefs ... A good dive shop to get with about charter is Garys Gulf Divers in Orange Beach (www.gulfdiver.net or algulfdiver on the scubaboard) , if you cant find any one to dive with give me a PM I might can go ....... You did mean mid-March not Feb. didnt you ?

Couple charters out of Daphin Island just South of Mobile as well. I think most of those charters hit the rigs.

More dive ops in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach(AL) like JWhitlock stated, and more in Pensacola(FL), Destin(FL), Panama City(FL) as well as quite a few freshwater springs in the FL panhandle.

How far are you willing to drive?

Back
Top Bottom