Madison Quarry in the news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I doubt there will be any diving in Madison this year and I'm not going to hold my breath for any diving next year (or ever).

Does anyone know what happened to Earl Lindsey who used to manage it?

redhatmama:
Does anyone know what happened to Earl Lindsey who used to manage it?

Well.... Earl is no longer employed there.... (obviousely)....

I talked to Earl the last weekend they were open and he didn't know what was next.

However, in reply to Rocketman, there might be a chance still for it to open for this summer. There has been one diving proposal turned into the city, which will be been turned over to the waterboard. The group who turned it in has already been talking to the city and would like to be able to have it open this summer in my opinion. But if that happens, it'll still take a while for full operation to be completed as you just can't start-up a diving business over night and I also don't want to "speculate" on their plans since I'm not one of the owners or anything.

However, I don't see why they wouldn't at least open the park up for diving once they have the contract/lease in place as long as it can be done safely (docks in safe condition, etc) until they get their rental equipment and compressor setup in place.

mike_s:
However, in reply to Rocketman, there might be a chance still for it to open for this summer.....
I'm also optimistic that we could see something up and running by this summer. You have to forgive Rocketman, he is old and cynical. Not young and optimistic like us.
Luke

ScubaLuke:
.....snip....

You have to forgive Rocketman, he is old and cynical. Not young and optimistic like us.

Luke

Your damn right I'm cynical....especially when a government entity is involved...as if they could do anything in a timely manner. And Luke, as far as being old goes....bite me. :)

I personally hope it reopens this summer because I would love to dive it again. I have been there a few times and really enjoyed it. It's nice to see something different in a quarry besides the usually boats, trucks, and such.
Not to mention its nice not to have to lug gear up and down a hill like you have to do at Martha's here.

RocketMan:
Your damn right I'm cynical....especially when a government entity is involved...as if they could do anything in a timely manner. And Luke, as far as being old goes....bite me. :)

Rocketman's been hanging out with Sammy too much... he's getting grouchy.

I think he needs to go diving.

scubagal28:
I personally hope it reopens this summer because I would love to dive it again. I have been there a few times and really enjoyed it. It's nice to see something different in a quarry besides the usually boats, trucks, and such.
Not to mention its nice not to have to lug gear up and down a hill like you have to do at Martha's here.

I hope it re-opens also. Since I drive right by it on the home from work, it would be so easy to get in an after work dive to relieve some stress. But I'm not going to hold my breath (the first rule of scuba). If it doesn't re-open I guess I'll stop eating lunches (or buying anything else) in Madison.

Never dove Martha's, but Mike and I are planning on a dive there later this year.

RocketMan:
I hope it re-opens also. Since I drive right by it on the home from work, it would be so easy to get in an after work dive to relieve some stress. But I'm not going to hold my breath (the first rule of scuba). If it doesn't re-open I guess I'll stop eating lunches (or buying anything else) in Madison.

Never dove Martha's, but Mike and I are planning on a dive there later this year.

The buildings at Martha's make for fun diving. Again..something different for a quarry. It's about 30 minutes from my house so its a great local place to get wet.

If Madison does open up this summer I'll be down there for sure...pink tanks and all.

Back
Top Bottom