The Queen Mary 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
As we were going out on the charter this morning the Queen Mary 2 pulled in...a pretty impressive ship!

queen_mary_2_2003_013.jpg

How the heck would you get back on board after diving??????
Big arse boat! Thanks for the pic....

On a ship like that...I'm sure there is an elevator of some kind for it :wink:

The thing is 28 stories high....we dove the pipe and you could see it just behind Kaka'ako park...HUGE!

So would you back roll or try a GIANT stride to get in? id love to get a pic of me aganst one of the wheels on that critter.

I really wanted to take a walk down to the pier to see it, but it was a bit rainy.

I could see part of the ship looming over the Federal Building from an my office - it was huge from where I was at the far end of downtown - I can just imagine how enormous it is when you're up close to it.

I think I would giant stride that thing. Back roll if I never wanted to dive/walk/or breath again.

I thought you meant you couldn't get back on the ship after diving because of altitude (smile)!

I tried to stay awake because I heard it was leaving port at 11 p.m. It would have sailed right in front of my place. I had my binoculars out and everything. But, I fell asleep. I'm such a wuss . . . .

More wonderful would be to swim along the bridge at about 75 feet.

I wonder how deep would it have to be sunk for the bridge to be at 75'...

Keel to funnel is 72 meters or 236.22 feet plus 75 feet = 311.22 feet. Probably the funnel is 20 or so feet over the bridge so about 291 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom