Diving Lake Como Italy???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I going to Lake Como in Italy very shortly and would like any information about diving the the lake and were to go?????:confused:

Hi Steve, I've never dived the lake... but it's a beautiful place, and the people are really welcoming.
I'd be interested to hear what the diving was like on your return.

I'd love to hear some feedback on that as well. I visited Lake Como in '98, and though I didn't notice any dive operations near Bellagio or Bellano, I did notice that the lake was COLD! I hope you're packing a drysuit. :wink:

Even if you don't go diving, the region is gorgeous, and you're sure to have a great time.

Como is a wonderful region.

Just be advised that the lake is very deep, cold and generally dark.

Accidents are unfortunately quite common.

I live there.
There are some interesting diving spots near Lecco. The exact place is called Moregallo and you will find many local divers on Saturdays and Sundays.
Tanks and gear can be rented at local dive centers. I advise the following:
IL Delfino - Corso martiri 140, Lecco - tel: +39 0341 282323

Bruno

I live 80 km from that lake, and I dived therea few times...
1 thing to know... is cold, on surface 20Celsius under 20 meters go down to 5 Celsius (sorry for the metrics but i dont know imperial:( )
2 is pretty dark down there, so be sure to have a light source if you wanna dive safely and see something 20watts or more are ok
3 you can find suspension in the first meters, visibility gan go down to 3-7 meters depending on conditions, but when you past 10-15 meters is a lot better
Look 4 a diving and ask for diving spots and tips on local conditions, cause if you dive from a random point probably the only thing yuo will see will be mud...
Enjoy and if you have specific questions just ask :)

just forgot if you will dive near Lecco check out "Le Guglie" a very nice wall dive spot down there is wanderful but check the depth :bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom