PG DIVE PLANS – strictly no hijacking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As for the dive ops, some of us are going with Captain Gregg’s dive op. Please PM me for rates.

Diving

Inclusions: boat rental, DM fees, weights

Who’s in for diving with Captain Greggs:

Chip – 3 dives: 18th
Iris – 3 dives: 18th
Ish - 3 dives: 18th (but wants to do 4, any takers? :))
Vanessa – 3 dives: 18th
Jon - 2 dives: 18th
Matthew -?
Zeeman - ?
Raina - ?

If you want to be included please repost the list with your name and how many dives you want to do. And if you want to do dives on the 17th (we'll ask). Thanks!

Just FYI, Captain Greggs has 1 boat that holds 10 and another boat that holds 6. So we can mix up the dive sites for those who do not want to do the high voltage sites.
Boat 1 – 10 people
Boat 2 – 6 people

PROBLEM: Getting dive gear to Capt Gregg’s boat. Any ideas?
* They said that if the waves are rough, he can’t pick us up in Big or Small La Laguna and we’ll have to go to his shop in Sabang.
* I just checked and the trykie road seems far from the la laguna beaches
* water taxi?
* drop our gear straight from lea beach?

Also just FYI: La Laguna Beach club & dive center has $24/dive. So for people who wanna go with them. (Capt Greggs is way cheaper though)

Couple of thoughts... you guys are getting into PG in mid morning. I don't know if you guys are looking to get as many dives in during the day or prefer to arrive, relax and then get maybe 3 dives in. Take that into consideration as you'll waste some time going back and forth between Sabang Beach (captn gregg's) and Star Fish regardless of if you walk, trike, or bangka taxi it... I presume you'll want to, in addition to dumping dive gear off at captn gregg's, check your non diving luggage into Star Fish.

The IDEAL situation would be if you can get captn gregg's to pick u guys up from from big la laguna each morning, take you back to capn gregg's to gear up, and drop you off after the diving... :wink:

If you guys go with captn gregg's, I might opt to get a room at captn gregg's or on sabang. it's a rough neighborhood, but I think I can manage, plus I'm on vacation and too lazy to deal with the sabang beach-big la laguna commute everyday...

EDIT: I think the trike idea is gonna be a real pain... its not really door to door service so you'll be walking a bit to get to the trike station on Sabang and same from the road at big la laguna to Star Fish. boat would be more convenient and maybe won't be that much considering the # of peeps you got in your group.

Another thought is that good as they are, CG is going to struggle with 10-12 divers. When I was there, they only had 2 instructors / DMs

thepurplehammerhead:
Another thought is that good as they are, CG is going to struggle with 10-12 divers. When I was there, they only had 2 instructors / DMs

Any of the PPD'ers volunteering to act as an DM?

good points pak - actually on the 17th I wanna check out Tamaraw Falls and not do any diving. I'll post in the other thread about it.

chip104:
good points pak - actually on the 17th I wanna check out Tamaraw Falls and not do any diving. I'll post in the other thread about it.

wut? no diving on the 17th? No soup for you!!

thepurplehammerhead:
good point larry, Spoon's working his magic right now...waiting for his call...

chip104:
good point larry, Spoon's working his magic right now...waiting for his call...
ok, lied about the magic. CG's does have the best rate.

We're gonna stick with the worse case scenario and take a water taxi over. As next week draws, we'll be in contact with CGs and see whether they can pick us up or not.

you guys are welcome to my reserved 3-person sharing aircon room at big apple... doesn't look like i'm gonna be using it

it's a couple of resorts off captn gregg's and a couple of resorts down from atlantis

i stayed there 6 years ago and it was a pretty good place... www.dive-bigapple.com

when i made a reserve last friday they also had fan rooms available and are not fully booked for that weekend... i have not yet cancelled my reservation

big apple is also near le bistrot... say hi to michel for me and definitely try the shue le creme (definitely orgasmic) and the terrine... most excellent munchums...

i was soooo looking forward to popping a "jag is going!" announcement but... sigh...

Jag

1st Day: Tour Tamaraw Falls with Chip and Iris.. . . . . . Beaching, eating, mango shake/halo-halo all day . . . drink with everybody all night.

2nd Day: 3 dives with CG bunch . . . . Beaching, eating, fruit shake/halo halo all afternoon. . . . . drink with everybody all night.

3rd Day Beaching, eating, fruit shake/halo halo all afternoon . . . go HOME na :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom