My Kinda World/Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Now, Outrigger Hotels will offer remote baggage check-in for five dollars per bag. You check your bags at the hotel and you do not have to deal with them at the airport. Hope this idea spreads and works well because it will make airport time a breeze...
I wonder if this is being done other places. This is a Hawaiian Airlines service from what I gather.

catherine96821:
Now, Outrigger Hotels will offer remote baggage check-in for five dollars per bag. You check your bags at the hotel and you do not have to deal with them at the airport. Hope this idea spreads and works well because it will make airport time a breeze...
I wonder if this is being done other places. This is a Hawaiian Airlines service from what I gather.
Yeah, but of you goto the hotel you can see all of the bags hanging out in the front. Pretty ugly if you ask me.

All of a sudden the question "has anyone else had access to your baggage?" seems a little ridiculous, huh?

And we all know Catherine brings lots of bags.

I'm a lazy sob so I'd take advantage of that. What happens if my bags dissapear? Who cares, the vacation is over and that's what insurance is for right?

Sounds like a fabulous service!! On Maui we usually print out our boarding passes (Hele On) at the resort and often will pay the porters at the airport $5 for checking our bags. OGG can be a major pain to get out of, and we've had times where even 2 hours wouldn't have been enough to make the plane had we not had our boarding passes pre-printed. Crazy!!

Just one more way for your bags to go missing if ya ask me.
BTW I m still trying to get my last two bags caught up to me here. See if Hawaiian delivers to Najaf?

I'd be curious to know what Airport Security thinks of this service. They've already disabled lockers so you can't lock them up. Seems to me this is another way to leave your bags somewhere and less secure than the former method.

But at the same time, it does sound very convenient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom