Eilat Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xtraneous

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am planning on going on a liveaboard in the red sea through the Red Sea Sports Club (also known as: Manta Diving Center) based in Eilat.

Has anyone here ever used this divecenter? How was your experience with them, especially in regards to liveaboards and border crossings into Egypt? How is their safety record?

Thanks,
Dov

RSSC/Manta is one of the biggest dive clubs in Eilat, and has a good reputation.

In the past, liveaboards were starting from Eilat and used to dive all the way to southern Egypt and beyond. I don't remember when- something like 10 or 15 years ago- Egypt denied them permission for liveaboards in order to boost the local diving industry. All Israeli dive clubs do not and cannot operate liveaboards in Egypt, they just work as representative agents of several Egyptian dive clubs/liveaboard companies.

So I doubt that you are getting on a liveaboard starting in Eilat. Most probably you are going to take a night bus from Taba, arrive at Sharm early in the morning and get on the liveaboard there. Manta are using as a representative agent of an Egyptian company. You can ask exactly which boat you're going to be on, how many divers, how many Zodiacs/divers, Nitrox availability etc. etc.

As to border crossings it is usually smooth this time of the year and since you're going to cross at night it will be quite fast. Usually you'll have a bus waiting for you at the Egyptian side, and you'll wake up at sunset in Sharm's Marina :wink:

Safety record? I think it has nothing to do with Manta- you have to enquire about the company/boat you're going to be diving with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom