Ocean Men: Extreme Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockPile

Contributor
Reaction score
There is an IMAX called Ocean Men: Extreme Dive. It's a documentary about Ferreras and Pelizzari trying to get to 531 feet (one breath) in "No Limits" freediving. It's only been showing in Canada. I've been trying to get a copy of this movie forever. Even tried to find someplace showing it in the Midwest.

Link:
http://www.bigmoviezone.com/filmsearch/movies/?uniq=226

Anyone know where to find a copy or showing? Please help.

P.S.- I heard that James Cameron is doing a moving about Ferreras.

Thanks,
JB

RockPile:
There is an IMAX called Ocean Men: Extreme Dive. It's a documentary about Ferreras and Pelizzari trying to get to 531 feet (one breath) in "No Limits" freediving. It's only been showing in Canada. I've been trying to get a copy of this movie forever. Even tried to find someplace showing it in the Midwest.

Link:
http://www.bigmoviezone.com/filmsearch/movies/?uniq=226

Anyone know where to find a copy or showing? Please help.

P.S.- I heard that James Cameron is doing a moving about Ferreras.

Thanks,
JB
James Cameron apparently is doing a movie about Pipin and Audrey. It is titled "The Dive". My understanding is that Salma Hayek may be playing the part of Audrey and I believe the release is 2007. Can't find anything on Ocean Men but if you go to ocean.com there are some really neat trailers and footage. Click on "more movies" and then "sports".

I’m totally stoked about the Cameron movie. I really enjoyed the book The Dive (despite Ferreras’ glaring literary problems). I don’t know if Pippin will be playing himself but in the book there are pictures of Cameron using his “Titanic subs” to document the Audrey memorial dive to 450’.

I’m just getting really annoyed that I can’t watch Ocean Men. It got rave reviews when it played over the border. I’ve been trying to see it in IMAX for two years now (let alone download, steal, buy, trade for).

I just can’t believe there aren’t copies of this out there. Where are all the hackers and diving insiders? Sheesh.

JB

Oh yeah, that’s some good news about Hayak…

freediver:
hey RockPile, let me know if you come across a copy of Ocean Men. Also, did you ever decide to get a lung trainer?

Freediver,

About the lung trainer, yeah, I was asking sort of retrospectively. One of my buddies gave me his old one last year. I didn't start using it until last month.

I like said in the last thread, I don't really know how to use it. I just do what makes sense to me. Generally, I ride an exercise bike with it until it gets too tough (about 10 minutes) and I take it out. I continue on with the bike and gas myself out. Then I sit on the couch flip on the TV and force myself to catch my breath with it in.

Any suggestions?

And I'll definitely let you know if I come across a copy of Ocean Men.

Thanks,
JB

RockPile:
Freediver,

About the lung trainer, yeah, I was asking sort of retrospectively. One of my buddies gave me his old one last year. I didn't start using it until last month.

I like said in the last thread, I don't really know how to use it. I just do what makes sense to me. Generally, I ride an exercise bike with it until it gets too tough (about 10 minutes) and I take it out. I continue on with the bike and gas myself out. Then I sit on the couch flip on the TV and force myself to catch my breath with it in.

Any suggestions?

And I'll definitely let you know if I come across a copy of Ocean Men.

Thanks,
JB
Excellent! Yes, I also use mine while riding stationary bike (gets tough huh?) and as I am doing some apnea walking, I alternate my apnea walk with my lung trainer. Makes for an exhausting workout! I use mine while in the car (just not in heavy traffic so no one will look over and think I have a crack pipe!:D ). I think you will experience benefit from using it. I know I have. Lots of research out on respiratory muscle training. Let me know how it works out.

On second look, Ocean Men is supposed to be showing up on OnDemand today (that didn't register yesterday). Hopefully, I can get it.

We shall see.

JB

Freediver,

Ocean Men is on OnDemand. Just watched it. Fantastic. I can't help but wonder how awesome it was on the IMAX screen. Shots of training and Palizzari diving with dolphins. Pippin with sharks. There's footage of Pippin and Audrey too.

My only complaint is that it seemed too short. Clearly there were influences from The Big Blue in filming too. I hope this means it will go to DVD soon.

Let me know if you still can't find a way to see it.

JB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom