Problem with Sherwood Wisdom - won't stay in a single mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all, I have the Sherwood Wisdom. Today, I just dove at Blue Grotto in Williston, FL. Dove to 100ft, and had no problems, did the safety stop perfectly fine without any problems. About 5 minutes after the safety stop, my wisdom started to blink (not the led light, blinking the entire screen).

Right now it is a few hours after the dive, and it is still blinking. By blinking what I mean is that it is cycling thru all of the modes in the computer (such as data, plan, last, log, hist, simu, pc, set, time and so on forth constantly). The top button doesnt do anything to stop it, however I can press the side button and it stops the cycling at whatever mode it is in until it restarts cycling again a couple mins later.

What do I do to solve this problem? I'm in college and cant afford another computer.

I got this wisdom thru ScubaToys in July '04. I think that it only has a 1 year warranty, so I might be out of luck :-( The wisdom has only seen 52 dives.

Sherwood has a two year warranty through their authorized dealers.

It sounds like a warranty issue, so I would contact ScubaToys.

Don't worry about it for another second... It will be fixed or replaced no charge. Just shoot it on over to me and I'll take care of it.

(pm sent)

Great! :) you just made my day. Thanks so much, and sent ya a PM.

Folks - this is why ScubaToys is the best!

I realize this is an old thread but I have a Sherwood Wisdom 1 that has worked great dove last night , worked fine but when I got home is now is doing exactly the same as described above, blinking and cycling thru all of the modes in the computer (such as data, plan, last, log, hist, simu, pc, set, time and so on forth constantly). The top button doesnt do anything to stop it, however I can press the side button and it stops the cycling at whatever mode it is in until it restarts cycling again a couple mins later.

I didnt buy it at ScubaToys (which I believe just bought DiveTank here in BC Canada) but was hoping you could shed some light into the problem and provide a solution.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I wish I knew the answer to the issue, sorry. I had my wisdom replaced by ScubaToys.

Since that scenario happened, I didnt trust the wisdom anymore and sold the replacement computer.

I realize this is an old thread but I have a Sherwood Wisdom 1 that has worked great dove last night , worked fine but when I got home is now is doing exactly the same as described above, blinking and cycling thru all of the modes in the computer (such as data, plan, last, log, hist, simu, pc, set, time and so on forth constantly). The top button doesnt do anything to stop it, however I can press the side button and it stops the cycling at whatever mode it is in until it restarts cycling again a couple mins later.

I didnt buy it at ScubaToys (which I believe just bought DiveTank here in BC Canada) but was hoping you could shed some light into the problem and provide a solution.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If it is not under warranty I'd try taking the battery out and putting it back in; this solution is free so it does not hurt to try. If that doesn't help try putting in a new battery. This means spending money on a new battery. Batteries have a limited life even if you are not using them. If you had the thing for a few years and havn't changed the battery, this is a good option. If you changed the battery recently then it is questionable.

You could try emailing Sherwood. I've emailed them to see if they could help me get information to write software for my Mac (I'm a programmer). They put me in touch with the people who actually wrote their software. I was expecting them to either say "go away" or just not respond.

Go to contact to send them an email.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom