Diving close to Myrtle Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I live in Virginia and dive offshore Va and North Carolina wrecks. I will be spending a week in Myrtle Beach in May and was wondering what dive opportunities are available. any good charters to call. I am interested in diving wrecks.I am advanced Certified and dive nitrox.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,gary

I would check Dolphin Dive Charters to see if Capt. Tuck is going out while you are there. He is Awesome, his boat is Awesome, I won't dive with anyone else there.

http://www.dolphindivecharter.com/

He doesn't do the cattle boat thing, nice roomy fast boat.

I have to second what BlueDolphin said. Go with Capt Tuck.
Butch:14:

Call Cameron Sebastian at Coastal Scuba - 1-800-249-9388. I've been out with him several times and always had a good time. I'm diving with him this Sunday in fact. Doing the Hebe, BP-25 and the St. Cathon.

Hi Gary. I was present on one of your Nags Head shore dives this past August. I say present as I did not make it out as the current carried me off.

Will you be in North Myrtle or more to the South. The reason I ask is if you are further South, Murrell's Inlet may be a better choice to put out from. Check out Scuba Express.

I have done some diving in MB from Murrells Inlet, but its been a while. I have been on the Hebe, mentioned earlier, a Dutch freighter carrying beer and insecticides. The challenge here is to bring up an undamaged beer bottle.

The visibility in MB is usually low, but you can never tell.

I am in MB often as work takes me there several times a month. I am always looking for a dive opportunity.

Skip Chappell

I just checked out Dolphin Dive Charters site. Looks pretty nice. I think I'll check it out next time I am down.

Skip,

Definately check out Dolphin Dive Charter, he is the only one I will dive with out of that area, I don't care for cattle boats, and Tuck runs a first rate operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom