West Pass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HK182

Reaction score
hey guys, this is probably a stupid question to most of you, but I've been reading on various sites about good free diving at an area called west pass. Any body know exactly where this is? I'm looking for a nice place to spear some flounder over the summer, and this sounded good. Thanks guys

Head down Hwy59 until you hit the beach and take a right(West) on Hwy182 for ~4 miles where you'll see a public beach parking area on the right just before a small bridge overpassing a channel(West Pass). There are more rocks on the West side of the pass starting under the bridge and the west wall, but there are a few on the east as well. The pass has been really shallow lately, you can probably wade across. It is a good place to snorkel and gig flounder though.

Hit it during slack tide and don't forget to pick up a spearfishing liscense.

Its seems to be a pretty shallow area to dive ......If i was going there I probably just go ahead a dive the Orange Beach pass .........The west pass does seem to be much safer...never dove it though.....

It was about 15' deep near the bridge 2 years ago, sands move in and out. Probably doesn't get much deeper than 5-6' at the moment.

hey thanks alot for the info guys, I'll have to check it out. I usually go down with a non-scuba buddy of mine and free dive Perdido Pass, this just sounded like another spot to look into. Thanks again, and I look forward to making a shore dive (or any other kind of dive) with you guys sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom