Mediterranean Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idivaoa

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I will be looking forward to talking with many of you and looking at many of your pictures as time goes.

I will be diving in the Mediterranean Sea the end of October 2006 and would like to know if anyone out here can help me with a dive shop or location near or around Nice, France. This will be my first time there, so any info would be great.
Thanks much,

Hank

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Hello Hank,

it’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. You might even add an avatar (you know, the small pic on the left of this post). If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

For Mediterranean info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > Europe > General Europe.
nl.gif
be.gif
de.gif
fr.gif
ch.gif
pt.gif
es.gif
it.gif
fi.gif
se.gif
no.gif
dk.gif

You could also try this French forum:
fr.gif
Plongeur.com.

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by Torrid Trilam Consultancy

Welcome Hank. Can't help you with dive shops/locations around Nice, France, but I sure wish I could! Given the "wonderful" Indiana March weather, diving in/around Nice sounds heavenly.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

You'll get more info in the European forum....

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-019.gif

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

I would recommend a dive operation that's been around a very long time: CIP Nice. They're CMAS and PADI. Their website is:http://www.cip-nice.com/. There are plenty of other operations down the coast. From my own experience (I'm from Cannes) the diving is better west of Antibes. But Villefrance is good, as can be Nice. If you've got some time to explore the coast, do yourself a favor and go towards the Var region, Saint-Raphael, Agay and further west towards Port-Cros (National Marine Park). Don't expect the Caribbean, but the diving can be awesome with some WWII wrecks near Agay (site of the US landing in Provence in August '44). PM me if you'd like more details. If you really have a lot of time and a suitcase full of cash, go to Corsica, it is the absolute best of French mediterranean diving. Bon voyage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom