Oceanic / Aeris 2.x software issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocpaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Downloaded updates of both Oceanic and Aeris versions and quickly tested each. A few of quick observations:

1. Average depth calculation APPEARS to be correct - or maybe I should say reasonable. I haven't checked in detail but at least it looks like it is more or less where it should be.

2. SAC calculations are not correct.

3. Tank volume does not appear to be used in any of the calculations. If I enter the tank volume I should then be able to get RMV, assuming they can get the SAC calculation working correctly.

4. Still would like to be able to insert the correct lifetime dive number.

5. It appears that the database can easlily lose its indexing. For instance I downloaded data for 15 dives and initially the numbering made sense. After adding some date for tank sizes, locations, tank sizes etc. I noticed that all of the sudden one of the dives had been duplicated and one of the dives was no longer in the list. I then tried to delete one of the duplicated dives and that resulted in further confusion with respect to the dives currently saved. All said, this is a pain in the ***! It is particularly frustrating to hand enter data only to find that the data base seems to self-corrupt and no easy way to fix.

Looks Oceanic / Aeris have quite a few more steps to take!

ocpaul:
Downloaded updates of both Oceanic and Aeris versions and quickly tested each. A few of quick observations:

1. Average depth calculation APPEARS to be correct - or maybe I should say reasonable. I haven't checked in detail but at least it looks like it is more or less where it should be.

2. SAC calculations are not correct.

3. Tank volume does not appear to be used in any of the calculations. If I enter the tank volume I should then be able to get RMV, assuming they can get the SAC calculation working correctly.

4. Still would like to be able to insert the correct lifetime dive number.

5. It appears that the database can easlily lose its indexing. For instance I downloaded data for 15 dives and initially the numbering made sense. After adding some date for tank sizes, locations, tank sizes etc. I noticed that all of the sudden one of the dives had been duplicated and one of the dives was no longer in the list. I then tried to delete one of the duplicated dives and that resulted in further confusion with respect to the dives currently saved. All said, this is a pain in the ***! It is particularly frustrating to hand enter data only to find that the data base seems to self-corrupt and no easy way to fix.

Looks Oceanic / Aeris have quite a few more steps to take!

Ditto that. I think I find #2 and #4 to be most annoying.

ocpaul:
I had also had this problem! Somehow dive 2 was duplicated. When I deleted it, I think dive 3 was deleted instead. Very frustrating. Luckily I had a backup.

Anyone dropped a hint to Oceanic/Aeris yet????

the K

The Kraken:
Anyone dropped a hint to Oceanic/Aeris yet????

the K

I've been trying to keep up with communication in various threads. I have been consolidating all comments regarding the newest software releases and am working with the development group. They are deeply involved in another project right now but will be addressing these and other comments brought to our attention. As always, a patch will be posted to our web site(s) and I will communicate it here as well.

We all appreciate the feedback.

Doug

Way to go, Doug!!!
Now that's the way to stay on top of things.
Talk about customer service . . . . . !!!!

the K

Doug's the Guru when it comes to the software issues. There are so many different postings on the Oceanic/Aeris software that it would be helpfull if there was one main sticky to put all of it in one place. I've noticed the SAC "bug" has been discussed in at least 5 postings recently and answered as "know, being worked on" for each.

The good news here is progress is being made and Oceanic is listening to you the user to get it right.

Best,

Chris

Chris,

You wouldn't believe how many times I've e-mailed Citizen Watch company to try to get them to explain to me in exactly what units the SAC rate is expressed for their software for the Citizen Hyper Aqualand.

It's good you guys have a heads up on this one.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom