DIR Pres in Southern Cal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tombiowami

Contributor
Reaction score
I don' t really think this belongs in this category, but most of the DIR stuff seems to end up here....

Feel free to repost as needed.

Mike just put this up and there was a SC diver looking for info recently, when there is one person with a question, there is usually another lurking...

Tommy

I'm back from an extended teaching schedule with AG, a tech 1 in NYC, a
DIR-F class
in NYC and a DIR-F class in Boston and I thought that I would take this
opportunity to remind the list that on Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm I
will
be hosting a DIR demo and beach dive session at Redondo Canyon.

I will gladly provide a BP and wings for anyone that wants to try a set
free of charge, but
you need to let me know ahead of time if you want to try a set, I will
also
be available to answer ANY questions or demonstrate any of the
recommended
skills that DIR advocates promote.

The diving, the gear and the Q & A will all be FREE of charge and it is
open
to all diver's whether they be DIR, non-DIR, or just have a curious
passing
interest in DIR.

My plan is to get there by 6:00 -6:30 depending on traffic, set-up,
answer questions and plan to be in
the water by 7:00. I also plan to grab a bite to eat afterwards [ place
to
be determined at the dive site] and welcome anyone to join and answer
any
questions that you may have.

E-mail me at mhkane@prodigy.net if you have any questions and other
then
that I hope to see as many of you local divers as possible Wednesday
evening.

Later

Now if only we could get this fellow to drop in at Dallas and Houston. I'd be very interested to see/hear his stuff.

Kane (MHK) was also featured on a Dreamchasers episode on discovery channel.

Mike: JJ hisself is gonna be in Houston this weekend, from what I was told. It'd have been neat if an arrangement had been made for a general DIR demo, as well.

jeff

TexasMike once bubbled...
Now if only we could get this fellow to drop in at Dallas and Houston. I'd be very interested to see/hear his stuff.

Mike,

There is a DIRF class going on in Houston this coming weekend (16-18). I don't know if there are any openings left to take it but you might contact them to see if it is possible to sit in on the classroom session which will be Friday night.

Contact Discover Scuba for more information.

Fetch once bubbled...
Kane (MHK) was also featured on a Dreamchasers episode on discovery channel.

Mike: JJ hisself is gonna be in Houston this weekend, from what I was told. It'd have been neat if an arrangement had been made for a general DIR demo, as well.

jeff

I was told that if the class was full JJ was going to come down as well as Tyler Moon (who is supposed to be teaching it). When I signed up, there were 3 spots left. I took one, I signed my buddy up for one and it was my understanding that they were holding the last spot for someone who was supposed to be on their way to sign up. If that was actually the case, then the class should now be full and JJ should be there this weekend.

Pretty sure that was me - and judging from the charge on my credit card, I'm officially in the DIRF class. I look forward to seeing you and Lance along with the celebrities :)

jeff

Cave Diver once bubbled...

I was told that if the class was full JJ was going to come down as well as Tyler Moon (who is supposed to be teaching it). When I signed up, there were 3 spots left. I took one, I signed my buddy up for one and it was my understanding that they were holding the last spot for someone who was supposed to be on their way to sign up. If that was actually the case, then the class should now be full and JJ should be there this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom