Rain Statistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
After yesterdays gusher rain I thought I'd share the statistics. While driving thru Waikiki you could see that the water was coming back up the sewers and squirting into the roads and there were inches of water to walk thru. Here are some pictures. Here is the article in todays paper

STATEWIDE RAINFALL in " For the 24 hours ending 5 p.m. yesterday.

KAUA'I

WAINIHA 3.92

MOUNT WAI'ALE'ALE 5.61

O'AHU

KAHUKU TRAINING AREA 2.24

WAIHE'E PUMP 4.07

LULUKU 2.63

WILSON TUNNEL 3.21

NU'UANU UPPER 3.33

PALISADES 5.41

MILILANI 4.67

SOUTH FORK KAUKONAHUA 4.18

SCHOFIELD BARRACKS 2.80

WHEELER AIRFIELD 4.20

POAMOHO 2 12.38

KAWAILOA 5.40

MAKUA RIDGE 2.76

MAUI

KAUPO GAP 4.30

BIG ISLAND

HAKALAU 6.75

PI'IHONUA 5.53

WAIAKEA UKA 8.65

HILO AIRPORT 3.73

PAHOA 4.24

MOUNTAIN VIEW 7.78

GLENWOOD 9.48

PALI 2 5.35

KAPAPALA RANCH 6.66

PAHALA 6.33

SOURCE: NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE

Took all day to rain that much????

It is quite odd that Maui has not gotten any of this rain yet... It drizzled a "wee" bit 2 nights ago, but it was just the normal evening precipitation for us. Oahu isn't all that far away and usually storms head over here after 12 hours or so after hitting Oahu... Don't know what's going on, but we could really use some (not all) of the rain you've been getting. We have had gray skies however, just not the rain.

Has the run-off killed the vis for you guys?

Hope the rain quits for everyone over there soon.

Aloha, Tim

6 inches of snow today.....

checkouts in the morning.....

note to self, open vein tonight

when you sit at sea level it is a lot of water. It has nowhere to drain. All the sewer pipes are overflowing/bursting and of course it is all going into the ocean. I thought we were done with the rain, but it just so happened to rain all afternoon AGAIN. Guess we don't have to worry about a drought.

chepar:
And that's why you're known as "Da Man", Al.

Hey Tim, when are you going to make it over to an SB lunch?

I was actually over there 2 weekends ago, but had classes to teach/attend the entire time, so I didn't even bring my gear along :(

Next travel plans are for Kauai for annual meetings in mid May, then Oahu in June for 2 weeks working at a camp, but usually no extra time for "fun stuff" :( since I have to get back home right away afterwards... we'll see though.

Of course you're always welcome to join us for our Monthly Maui BBQ :wink:

Thanks for the invite though...

kidspot:
I was actually over there 2 weekends ago, but had classes to teach/attend the entire time, so I didn't even bring my gear along

For the lunches you don't need dive gear :)

Back
Top Bottom