ScubaPro Smart Com Console Vs. Sherwood Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jyabroff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a Quantum Loop non-air integrated dive computer. I am looking at upgrading after 8 years of use to a air integrated computer. The two computers I am between are the Scubapro Smart Com Console and the Sherwood Wisdom.

Can anyone make a recommendation as to what might be the better choice? Both seem like good computers. The Sherwood I can get for about $500 with compass and software from a local dive shop. The Scubapro I can get online from Leisurepro or shop.com for about $600.

If I purchase online can I get the battery replacement? If so what is everyone’s experience and cost involved in getting them replace?

Any help in my decision making process would be helpful and thanks in advance.

I do believe that the online ScubaPro will be a gray market one that will NOT include the batteries.

I love my SmartCom. But then I have been all ScubaPro all the time. Except for my High Tide SE dry suit.

I had to turn my smart com in a few weeks ago due to Service icon being shown and the computer would not turn on or do anything. Took it in to the dive shop said it problay needed a new battery. Stop by the dive shop yesterday and Scuba pro sent a new computer no questions asked. TWO THUMBS UP FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you buy your SmartCom from Leisurepro, you will not get free batteries for life.

I have used my smartcom for 103 dives now (91 hours 17 minutes), and it's great!

The software is also awesome. I have had no problems with my smartcom at all, and according to the battery meter, I still have 85% battery remaining.

Thanks for the replies so far.

What are the costs and time involved in getting the batteries replaced. The other computer I am looking at I can change the batteries on my own and it will cost a few bucks. With my current computer I like to change the batteries before each dive season as a precausion.

I email Scubapro and a replacement battery and service is about $120. That answers one of my questions. Does anyone have experience with the Sherwood I mentioned above. It seems like everyone is in love with the Scubapro products which makes it harder to make a choice.

jyabroff:
Thanks for the replies so far.

What are the costs and time involved in getting the batteries replaced. The other computer I am looking at I can change the batteries on my own and it will cost a few bucks. With my current computer I like to change the batteries before each dive season as a precausion.

I like my SmartCom a lot, but if you buy it from a non-authorized dealer, you'll lose the savings as soon as you replace the battery.

Uwatec/Scubapro's support has been incredible, and when I sent mine back for the recall a couple of years ago, they sent me out a new one, along with a new hose, bag and everything.

Great computer, great support!

Teryr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom