Anyone interested in diving this weekend (3/18 - 3/19)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8ful divr

Reaction score
I just got my NAUI certification this past weekend and I'm dying to do some "real" diving. I live in Atlanta so anything close enough to drive would be okay with me. I only own a 3mm wet suit so I guess the water would need to be warm enough for that though I don't get cold terribly easy. Anyone interested in showing a total newbie the ropes?

Diving Morrison Sunday, but the basin looks to be flooded so our dive will probably consist mostly of the cavern in an overhead environment. Probably not the best dive for someone fresh out of OW training...

Diving the Whiskey Wreck on the 19th in Gulf Shores, AL if the conditions permit. Excellent new diver site, if you dont mind swimming 150m off the beach.

Gr8ful,

With just a 3mm, I wouldn't recommend anything local. The water's still pretty cold.
Check with the BugMan . . . he's generally on top of things down in the Florida panhandle.

the K

SuPrBuGmAn:
Diving Morrison Sunday, but the basin looks to be flooded so our dive will probably consist mostly of the cavern in an overhead environment. Probably not the best dive for someone fresh out of OW training...

Diving the Whiskey Wreck on the 19th in Gulf Shores, AL if the conditions permit. Excellent new diver site, if you dont mind swimming 150m off the beach.
Matt , Give a yell if you dive the Whiskey Sunday Ill be up for it also ................

jwhitlock:
Matt , Give a yell if you dive the Whiskey Sunday Ill be up for it also ................

I'll definately give you a call, just worried about the water calming down a bit at this point :)

I spoke with some co-workers at work today and they said the seas are getting better but they are still pretty rough.....

Yeah, surf report was saying thigh/knee high waves with some bigger sets.

850-432-3566 for Innerlights Surf Report.

Seas are supposed to be dropping today, then back up tomorrow and Thurs - maybe back down by the weekend? Dunno if it'll clear up...

If it looks like Gulf shore diving isn't possible, I'm probably gonna hang around the springs and dive Cypress on Sun.

Back
Top Bottom