Suunto SK-7 Elastomer Strap........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Elastomer strap for Suunto SK-7 is a POS. Any ideas to make it more wearable, maybe a bungied solution, or even velcro?

I switched to the DSS bungie boot for my compass and i realy like it,you can don and doff it with ease .When in low vis or ware navigational accuracy is needed you can move it from your arm to your hand and back again after your done with it.........Paul

Cokedude:
I switched to the DSS bungie boot for my compass and i realy like it,you can don and doff it with ease .When in low vis or ware navigational accuracy is needed you can move it from your arm to your hand and back again after your done with it.........Paul

But does your LDS sell it Pauleyebrow

The DSS mount for the SK7 is very good. I just had the opportunity to try it out for the first time; also used my new DSS Vytec mount too. The mounts allow the SK7 and Vytec to sit lower (closer to your arm). An even better feature of the SK7 DSS mount IMHO is the ability to angle the compass slightly. This allows you to accurately read and take headings with the compass without your arm perfectly 90 degrees, which always feels a bit unnatural for me, especially in a full wetsuit or drysuit. I can now take a perfect reading with my arm at about 110 degrees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom