Anybody dived in Canary Islands lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubavili

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Gran Canaria for a dive vacation. I have heard that sometime in the spring the planktonlevel go up diminshing underwater visibility, and giving the water a greenish hue? Anybody been in the water recently? Has the planktonboom allready taken place? What was the water temperature? Where did you dive?

hi scubavili..
the visibility in Gran Canary it´s the same that Tenerife... around 30 - 50 mts....
Tha water is BLUE.. not green.

To dive into the wrecks.. Gran Canaria it´s the best island.. but if you want dive with thousans of fishes around you.. . Tenerife is your place.... :D

anycase.. you will be pleasured to have e few days in Canary islands...
enjoy!!!

Pepe

i agree with seadive it never turns green vis is good 30 to 50 meters all the canaries are good for diving i have dived in 3 of them never had green water yet

Hello Scubavili!
I just put a lot of pictures with the "green" water:D from last weekend!(photo forum) I live in Gran Canaria and I love diving it!

I dived in Lanzarote last year, climate is pretty good all year round supposedly. When I was there visibility was 30-40 metres and water temp about 21 degrees.

Enjoy.. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom