Vegas in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevis Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In Vegas May 14-19 and would like to dive Mojave since Mead seems to be poor diving.

Did my OWC in Mead a year ago and since then have logged 70+ dives in lakes here in NE TN and in Cozumel (2 trips). I have all of my gear incl. 7mm semi-dry suit that hopefully will work. Currently AOWC with Nitrox and several specialties....working on rescue diver and MSD now. Will have transportation and can pick up some Nitrox or air in Vegas at Blue Seas Scuba.

Looking for someone that knows the sites in Mojave or Mead, whatever, easy to please just want to get wet.

Chris Bertolini
Linville, NC
828-733-1822 x102

Chris, it's still a little soon for me to make definitive plans, but I'll keep the dates in mind. Are you a lone diver coming out, or do you have a buddy travelling with you? I can always head you in the right direction even if I can't make it that way.

I'll be diving alone but I may bring my sister along who would enjoy just hanging out anywhere...she will have just finished nursing school and I am taking her to Vegas to chill out for a week....very laid back.

What would you expect the water temp. to be that time of year in Mojave. I am good in my 3mm down to about 73 and my 7 mm down to about 55.

Do you know Mark at Blue Seas Scuba in Vegas? If so, is he a bit wierd or is it just me?

I may be up for it , depends on if my equipment is in the states by then

Nevis Diver:
I'll be diving alone but I may bring my sister along who would enjoy just hanging out anywhere...she will have just finished nursing school and I am taking her to Vegas to chill out for a week....very laid back.

What would you expect the water temp. to be that time of year in Mojave. I am good in my 3mm down to about 73 and my 7 mm down to about 55.

Do you know Mark at Blue Seas Scuba in Vegas? If so, is he a bit wierd or is it just me?

Water temp last May was in the low to mid 70s for the 1st 30+ feet. Then you hit the thermocline and it drops about 10 deg. I'd bring the 7mm. There are actually a couple of things to see below 30 feet there.

I haven't been to Blue Seas. I usually head over to Boulder City for air fills. They're the only ones in the area that have hydrocarbon free air, from what I've been told.

Well looks like my May dive may be off. My sis cancelled and my wife (not a diver) is going so looks like my attention will be in that direction this trip. Well, it ain't like I'm gonna be in Cozumel and not dive, right? terrasmak, are you one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children too? I was in Okinawa in the late '70's, Futema and Kedena...actually more Kadena than Futema, but when you have to leave the PI at 2 in the morning and your plane goes down at Kadena, it's a lot nicer there than any of the camps or MCAS's.

Diving at Mohave is pretty good for what we have in the area. You can get to 100+ feet right off shore. There are a few "wrecks" to keep things interesting. Lots of people like to play there, which means you can come across some interesting finds every now and then.

Mojave sounds cool.
(I like the Matt supporter link as well. How are you involved with this?)

Mohave is pretty decent.

As for Matt, my involvement includes donating money and putting the message in my sig line. When Matt gets a chance to do his dive, I will try to be there for diving and medical support if needed. Feel free to copy the sig line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom