Which Computer??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomo26

Registered
Reaction score
I currenty have a Genesis Resource Pro Computer Console, I am looking to upgrade. I have a hard time seeing the screen when I am deep (I dive in a lake normally), I want to switch to Nitrox, and just want something new. What I am looking for is a air integrated that is Nitrox ready, easy to use, bright back light, I want it to track my bottom time without pushing a bunch of buttons, and last but not least be able to download to my computer. I would rather not spend a ton of money, but about $500-$600 would not be bad, any ideas?? Thanks for your help:14:

Boomo

Sounds like the Suunto Cobra. It's console-based and air-integrated and very easy to use...nitrox of course.

Cheers.

just as a consideration, if you don't go AI, you can cut that price in half,
and AI doesn't do anything useful that a pressure gauge doesn't already do

If you don't go AI, the Aeris Atmos 2 will give you all that you're after. They are currently going for around $260 with the ScubaBoard discount at ScubaToys.com if you call Larry. I just bought one last week.

Echo Divin Hoosier. I just bought a VersaPro a couple of months ago from Scubatoys. Other than AI, it meets all of your requirements, and I really do like it. I just could not force myself to pay the extra for AI when I have so many other things I still need. Check out Scubatoys website and see what he is running on AI and non-AI units.
Tom

The question I have is, if the computer is on my wrist which I do like, will it give me how much air I have left and based on how I am breathing how much longer I can stay down. I have only been diving for about 6 months, but I have already done almost 50 dives. Thanks so much for your help.

Boomo

air integrated computers will do that, yes. you'll have to mount a
transmitter on the tank. it's easy, but expensive. your wrist unit
then "reads" the tank pressure.

the alternative is to have a pressure gauge on the tank which will tell you
amount of gas left, and your computer on the wrist. this is a much
cheaper option.

but if you want AI, by all means go that route

johnny_bravo:
Sounds like the Suunto Cobra. It's console-based and air-integrated and very easy to use...nitrox of course.

Cheers.

I was told Suunto is very conservative, is that correct?? I want to get as much out of a dive as I can, of course I do normally run out of air, before I deco.

Boomo

boomo26:
I was told Suunto is very conservative, is that correct??

yes, the Suunto algorythm is known as a "conservative" one

i prefer regular algorythms, such as that used in the Aeris Atmos 2
(this is my current computer)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom