Uwatec Air X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbborromeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Battery on my Air X went dead recently and when I called the LDS (authorized dealer), they said it cannot be replaced. However, they said the UWATEC had an upgrade special allowing me to buy an Air Z for half price.

I called the manufacturer and found out that they do have an upgrade available that is much better than what the LDS offered me. Next time your Air X needs service, tell your dealer about this program.

From ScubaPro-UWATEC:
"The batteries in UWATEC’s AIR X, AIR X NITROX and Air X02 computers cannot be changed. Some of these units are now coming in for service, so we provide an option consistent with our devotion to product service and support. Our Technical Services Department will supply you with a new AIR Z Nitrox computer for $150.00. If a transmitter is needed, there is an additional fee of $50.00. The return shipping will also be charged."

Hi,

What a timely post! We have 2 of the AIR X units. My husband's seems to be working OK but mine is displaying "ERR" :( We took them both in to the LDS and they advised me that mine would need to be replaced... at the "special deal price of $495"

I'd really appreciate the phone number you called for assistance so I can see if they can help me as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Ginger

My Air X had the ERR as well, which means that the battery has discharged. After getting the information from my LDS, I thought I'd call UWATEC directly to tell them what a bum deal it was to have to pay so much money when all I needed was a new battery. Anyway, they told me the news and I was somewhat happier, though I would have preferred (and would have paid a bit more) to get a new Smart Tec or Smart Z.

The information you need is below.

I called ScubaPro Tech services at: (619) 402-1023

They told me to ship my Air X to the address below, referencing the upgrade program. They are expecting a shipment from Switzerland in early April, at which time they will begin to swap out devices.

SCUBAPRO TECHNICAL SERVICES
UWATEC AIR X PROGRAM
1166 FESLER ST.
EL CAJON, CA 92020

Please include a Credit card number, Name, address and Phone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom