How much do you pay for servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCP

Registered
Reaction score
I just had my regs and dive computer serviced the other day and was charged over a $150.:11: Nothing out of the ordianry was done. (New battery for computer, replace O rings, ect, etc.)

In the past, I have paid as little as $30 to have it serviced. I was just curious what some others here pay for their yearly servicing. Maybe I am mistaken, but over $150 for yearly servicing seems excessive.

What brand is your computer? I pay $150 for my 99 model Uwatec Pros battery replacement. Plus freight.

TCP:
I just had my regs and dive computer serviced the other day and was charged over a $150.:11: Nothing out of the ordianry was done. (New battery for computer, replace O rings, ect, etc.)

In the past, I have paid as little as $30 to have it serviced. I was just curious what some others here pay for their yearly servicing. Maybe I am mistaken, but over $150 for yearly servicing seems excessive.

I purchased a computer (Aeris Atmos II) that does not require servicing. If the battery goes, I pay $5 for a new battery, and install a new oring at that point.

I'm not sure I'd purchase a computer that needed annual servicing.

$150 seems a bit much, what type of computer is it?

Sound like a "grey market" Uwatec. Scubapro/Uwatec charges this much when not purchased from an authorized dealer.

cerich:
Sound like a "grey market" Uwatec. Scubapro/Uwatec charges this much when not purchased from an authorized dealer.

That very well could be the case. I bought them in the Philippines from a guy who got them from a guy.......

Regulator, priced per stage, and parts. But I remember about 120. Mine is Scubapro and my guy tells me Atomic or Apex are more due to the kit costs...

if you are in the city, I am not surprised at all. Unless you have a really expensive reg, if you can get key man prices, in some cases it might be better to just get a new one at some point.

Suunto Nitrox.

I had the computer serviced, checked for integrity, primary reg (Arctic) and backup serviced. Nothing out of the ordiary.

I bought my equipment in '99 and the dive shop was fantastic. Every year, I was charged roughly $30. After a few years, a new manager took over (the original manager went to run a newly opened store) and the new manager clipped me for $100 for yearly servicing. When I voiced my concern, (he basically said "tough luck", "its a very involved process, blah, blah, blah...) So I went to the new location and worked with the previous owner. All was better until I had to move. I relocated out to the East Coast (job related) where I just had my equipment serviced. They clipped me for $160.

After the last few experiences, I was just wondering what others paid. I think what they charged is a bit of a rip off, to be honest.

cerich:
If you buy the computer new, then sell it to me used, did I purchase a gray market computer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom