Mares Nemo Display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phrog12

New
Reaction score
Just got a new Steel Nemo and the display is a little hard to read. It seems like a few of the LED bars are fading. It looks as if the battery is low but the read out says it fully charged. If I look at the display from an off center angle the display clears up. And the numbers and letters look completely black as they should. Has anyone else seen this:huh:

I own a Mares Nemo too but haven't seen that kind of problem.

this might be a dumb answer ( plus I myself do not own one) but just to make sure is there a contrast setting?

only posting because i am interested in one :05:

No contrast setting, I used it this weekend and all features work great. Just still can't see all lcd on display. Taking it to Mares rep hear on Guam. He said he's going to replace battery then replace watch if that doesn't work.

well it was worth a try..i was just thinking of one of my graphing calcs that had the same prob.. but anyways good luck :D

Mares have a known problem with the Nemo. As you say, the LED display fades. This is not a battery issue. It is a product fault and you need to get it fixed ( hopefully its still under warrenty ).

I had the same problem and the unit had to be sent to Italy to get fixed ( UK Distributor was in process of being changes at time ).

I am due to get it back this week!

PS - Unfortunatly, the customer service I have received from Mares has been extremely poor to say the least. Hope you do better.

PPS - Mares state that the unit is safe to dive with. It is only the display that is affected.

Are there any links to show info on the faulty product? I just got mine and it is working great so far so hopefully mine doesn't fail. How long did it take for yours to fade?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom