sea + sea and nikon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
i just bought (like 4 days ago)the seamaster pro ex which is an mm2ex camera w/ a 60ttl strobe. i took it to about 30 feet and the film jammed up on me. i rewound it on the surface. when i got home i put in 36 exp roll, and kept pressinfg the shutter with the back door open and it worked fine, but when i sealed the cmaera it would get to about 15 exposures and stop winding. upon further examination it turns out that the pressure plate is putting too much pressure on the film. should i just remove the plate? id send the unit back but im going to cozumel saturday and i need the camera. also i kept rewinding the film and presin the shutter and now it gets through rolls with no problem even with the door closed. r there some films that u shoulnt use? could it have been the film and not the camera?

ps- ive been thinkin bout sellin this camera and getting the nikon n80 and the sea&seanx80 housing, anybody have any experience with it? anbody want to buy my mm2ex after it comes bacj from the factory?

Your first issue is time. You simply don't have enough of it to solve your current problem.

If you REALLY need a camera for a trip down South, rent one or get a disposable. You will regret any other (hasty) decision in the future.

Meanwhile, the MMII is an excellent system that you can upgrade as you progress. IMHO for people starting out in u/w film photog, it's an great system. We have tons of really great pics from our MMII here: http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/pgdaley2001

IMHO the other alternative is to go digital. I won't get into that here, though... :wink:

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom