PDA

View Full Version : Burleigh Falls

tinman
August 14th, 2002, 08:15 AM
For any looking at Burleigh Falls, I would hold off a while - I dive there at least one a week - this past weekend the Algae growth is a bad as I have ever seen. Water temp in the 76-78 range. Burleigh is almost always a night dive anyway as you get to mid channel on the cable but it was tough keeping track of some new AOWs I was helping through their cert. On the plus side, I finally found the kayak on a North heading through a canyon and down a gully - on the way to gramma's house I think. Happy to host any of you folks if you're up this way...I'm 30 minutes from Burleigh...

1sean1
August 14th, 2002, 03:07 PM
was diving at burly falls tuesday night finishing up open water dives, and visibility was poor, there were 8 of us out, and couldnt see more than 10 ft and that is being generous. It is nice to finally get certified tho, and had really good instructors, sure makes a difference

bottom_sucker
August 14th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info. Buddy and I were considering heading up in near future, may wait for water to cool some.

Dave

Butch103
August 14th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Burleigh sucks right now.......LDS is going to Chandos Lake this Sunday am.....hope to hear how it is ....apparantly lots of Muskie to swim with...about a 50' drop.....and coooooolllll.............

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1