Burleigh Falls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For any looking at Burleigh Falls, I would hold off a while - I dive there at least one a week - this past weekend the Algae growth is a bad as I have ever seen. Water temp in the 76-78 range. Burleigh is almost always a night dive anyway as you get to mid channel on the cable but it was tough keeping track of some new AOWs I was helping through their cert. On the plus side, I finally found the kayak on a North heading through a canyon and down a gully - on the way to gramma's house I think. Happy to host any of you folks if you're up this way...I'm 30 minutes from Burleigh...

was diving at burly falls tuesday night finishing up open water dives, and visibility was poor, there were 8 of us out, and couldnt see more than 10 ft and that is being generous. It is nice to finally get certified tho, and had really good instructors, sure makes a difference

Thanks for the info. Buddy and I were considering heading up in near future, may wait for water to cool some.

Dave

Burleigh sucks right now.......LDS is going to Chandos Lake this Sunday am.....hope to hear how it is ....apparantly lots of Muskie to swim with...about a 50' drop.....and coooooolllll.............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom