Citizen Hyper Aqualand - Software Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've asked this question before, and have even querried the customer service department of Citizen Watch Co., but have yet to receive a clear answer.

Of those of you who download your dives from your Hyper Aqualand into the Aqualandgraph software, do any of you have a clue as to what rates or volumes the air consumption is expressed.

I've tried to replicate the calculations many times using various formulae, but cannot come up with the same results as given by the software calculation.

The last communique I received from Citizen stated that the calculation is a "secret".

Any help would be appreciated.

the K-onfused

The Kraken:
I've asked this question before, and have even querried the customer service department of Citizen Watch Co., but have yet to receive a clear answer.

Of those of you who download your dives from your Hyper Aqualand into the Aqualandgraph software, do any of you have a clue as to what rates or volumes the air consumption is expressed.

I've tried to replicate the calculations many times using various formulae, but cannot come up with the same results as given by the software calculation.

The last communique I received from Citizen stated that the calculation is a "secret".

Any help would be appreciated.

the K-onfused
That hyper aqualand program is the sorriest excuse for a program I think I've ever seen released as "professional" code. Luckily the data file is straight ASCII and can be easily imported into something of your own making.
I just bring it into a spreadsheet.
Rick

Thanks, Rick!!!
I was unaware of that.
I'm still ticked with the response I received from Citizen.

the un-K-onfused

Rick Murchison:
That hyper aqualand program is the sorriest excuse for a program I think I've ever seen released as "professional" code. Luckily the data file is straight ASCII and can be easily imported into something of your own making.
I just bring it into a spreadsheet.
Rick
It's better than oceanic's software. I was going to start a new thread, but figured this is just as good to tag onto.

I just downloaded Aqualand's Graph 2.1 from citizen.

I have an Atom 1.0 and a hyper aqualand. I don't plan on diving computers and would like to sell the atom since I only use it to record my dives. Now that I've the USB download cable/interface and software for aqualand, I am just as happy to use that and sell the atom.

So, I'm trying to figure out if I want to export my aqualand graph data into the atom database (uses MSAccess), or vice versa, or use scubase, or something home brewed...

The database layout of the atom software is pretty straight forward, so exporting should be somewhat easy. So, the starting point for me for figuring out the export of the AG2.1 software was to export one of the demo dives from AG2.1. I've attached the .log file with the dive details (depth, temp, etc). Some of the things are easy to figure out, but a couple of the things on the first line I just can't quite figure out.

The layout as I have it so far is:
first line is in format
a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p
a = Meters or ft (value M or F) - not sure about this one.
b = year of dive
c = month of dive
d = day of dive
e = hour of time in
f = min of time in
g = second of time in
h = hour of time out
i = min of time out
j = second of time out
k = hour of S.I.
l = Min of S.I.
m = Max depth (192 = 19.2m)
n =
o = Avg depht (117 = 11.7m)
p =

Then a blank line
then there are the depth readings every 5 seconds (012 = 1.2m)
Then a blank line
Then the temp readings every 5 minutes (287 = 28.7c)

That's what I got from it.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom