Let's talk local

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey, I want to learn pidjin! I am all impressed with people that can "go back and forth". Let's talk diving in a Pidjin thread. So, how do you spell it, first of all?

Think of the possibilites guys....Mods would not have a clue, we could say anything we wanted....oh, Leesa. Well, she could.. play dumb.

Even though Chepar is all refined and a "Pun", I know she can whip some out if she wanted to help me on my journey.
The best thing about pigin is that the people are always putting a funny spin on everything....like "dis an dat" tv show.

fwiw - it's spelled pidgin... while I don't speak it well, I grew up hearing it.

Actually if you're interested in studying it, a couple of translators from Wycliffe Bible tranlators recently finished formalizing Hawaiian pidgin and completed the first translation of the New Testament into Hawaiian Pidgin - it's called "Da Jesus Book" . Seems quite odd if you don't come from a culture that speaks Hawaiian pidgin, but it is quite accurate in it's grammar and word usage.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. There are fewer and fewer people who actually speak true Hawaiian pidgin on Oahu - mostly still the older generations in Waianae and along the North shore. As well as pockets in central and northeast Oahu.

catherine96821:
Think of the possibilites guys....Mods would not have a clue, we could say anything we wanted....
Oh yeah??

LINK! :D

Shoots, ah dere he was, da google-mod. Ahhh, I'm so lol-lo cuz no can talk stink.

yah brah, me n da kine we dive e-beach today. they no fun cuz they dis me and so i go dive alone. i see ulua and da kine. get one big ride from da pipe so i hod on tight to da kine to no go swim away.
later brahs
Lina

PS dis is da kine of fun I like to have on da weeken.

Sistah discdogs she akamai wit da pidjin, she div wit bo-da-us!

I try upload da kine (dog) photo an no can do. say two big
"If can...can, if no can, then no can do.."
I learned that from a white guy from Maui who knows the lingo betta dan all us h***es
Shaka later!
Wahine Lina

eh.. look at dem haole girls tryin an act all local.. wus up wit dat?

he he he.. *sigh* I miss da islands

(actually I'm pretty haole myself.. hapa really)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom