Diamon Head Crater Concert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been hearing about the concert that is to be held inside of Diamond Head Crater. Steve Miller Band and Linda Ronstatt (sp) are a couple of the headliners. I checked out the cost yesterday and see the tickets cost over 200 a piece. Please tell me I found a bad place to look....and do you think I can get a good deal so one of my girls can go? She can't remember how to count from 1-10, but knows the text of every oldie you can imagine...it would be such a treat for her.

justleesa:
I have been hearing about the concert that is to be held inside of Diamond Head Crater. Steve Miller Band and Linda Ronstatt (sp) are a couple of the headliners. I checked out the cost yesterday and see the tickets cost over 200 a piece. Please tell me I found a bad place to look....and do you think I can get a good deal so one of my girls can go? She can't remember how to count from 1-10, but knows the text of every oldie you can imagine...it would be such a treat for her.
You found a bad place to look, but anywhere you go the price will be the same. Concerts are too expensive here, so I wait until I goto the mainland to see the shows. Comes out to around the same price, even with the flying and tickets. :11doh:

Wow - concerts in the crater again. I missed the first ones in the 60's and 70's but they had some awesome shows there until Hawaii Civil Defense blocked things up. I sure wouldn't pay that kind of money to see Steve Miller or Linda Ronstadt though.
With the logistics involved, I would sure be hesitant to let a kid under 21 go there though.
Next month, I get to see Joe Satriani in downtown Boca - first time I saw him was at Andrews Amphitheater at UH. Awesome.

I went to a couple of concerts before I came to Hawaii and they were always in the $100 range...that might have been affordable...but the company would have to OK my ticket too as she cannot go alone. FWIW, "my girl" is one of my clients at work and is in her mid 40's

Maybe we could go to the bark park or the triangle park and just listen...wait a minute...the main office is up there, waybe we could do something there...thanks for getting my brain cells going:wink:

Wow...I am a believer. A believer that there are good and generous people out there.

I kept looking around for tickets for the concert and found a guy offering them for $60...I got in touch with him and our office and it was still more than the clients could afford...

Now get this...he will donate the tickets so I can take 2 of the girls...this is so amazing!

Do you have to throw the girls into the deal for him?

justleesa:
Wow...I am a believer. A believer that there are good and generous people out there.

I kept looking around for tickets for the concert and found a guy offering them for $60...I got in touch with him and our office and it was still more than the clients could afford...

Now get this...he will donate the tickets so I can take 2 of the girls...this is so amazing!

Wow. Sounds like a very cool guy. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom