Im done supporting my LDS (my money and I are gone)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveroflove

Reaction score
Here is the history with me and my LDS. I purchased over $1500 dollers of equipment from them in about a years time, I know for some of you thats not alot but for me it is when I could have gotten a better deal over the net. So after purchasing all that gear one day I decide to rent a tank from him. So they are closed on the weekend so he tries to charge me for an extra day becuase he says that I am having it for 2 days. So I told hom that if I try to return it on time and he is closed that is not my problem, he seemed to dissagree so I so ok fine whatever, I rented 2 tanks that day and I payed for twice what I should have payed normaly, I decide im going to support my LDS. So when I return the tanks I dont expect to get me money back (I dont) I did not use one of the tanks because buddy did not have 1 so I ask if he can give me a store credit or something for next time, So I end up paying twice what I should have and giving him back a non used tank at about 3100 PSI. Thanks LDS You no longer have my cash, and I hope you go out of buisness

Whether it is a LDS, an internet store, a shoe store, a restaurant... I don't know why some business owners just don't get it. Customer service. That's it. Treat people right and they will stay your customers and maybe tell a friend. Treat someone wrong, and they'll tell 10.

As a store owner, you spend a lot of money on marketing - radio, bill boards, running discover scuba programs at pools, flyer's and mailers, and on and on... Just to try to get a customer in the door. Why then when you have a good customer (and 1500 is definitely a good customer!) why do you chase them away over something that is - for all intense and purposes... Free! It's just air!

Sorry you had the problem. (BTW... It wasn't us was it? :wink: )

thats real sad that some owners just dont get it, i had soooo many similar problems with an lds, well i dont go there anymore i have a new lds for the last 1 1/2 years now and they will go way out of there way to see that i am treated like gold and with the best of the bestr service, and i go no were else because of the way i am treated, cant beat there prices either. sorry you had to have that expirience!!!

Every time I walk into the closest LDS to me, I feel as if I am dealing with a buy-here, pay-here used car salesman. They don't have a very large selection, so they willshow something and then tell me that this is exactly what I need. So I don't buy much from them.

This is the place where the 20-ish clerk told me that I would kill myself if I didn't dive with a computer.

However, because they have an in-store pool, I let my kids take their initial classroom and confined water training.

Although its probably and typicaly customarry to charge for each day you have the tank whether or not they are closed may be normal. BUT I aggree with you. Really if your closed and you are not willing to be there to accept your return rentals then you bite the bullet and eat the one days rental cost. One of the best things to a shop is the net and OUTSTANDING customer service. Word around sites like this and VintageBMX.com (that I also frequent) can really make or break a business. Enthusiast like us scour these sites for info and knowledge and the occasional deal as well as friends with similar interest. So its good for a business such as these to get and be involved in the fourums such as this, even it they are local shops dealing only on in store sales and not net sales. Its people like us who find out shops like this and avoid them when we go to visit and dive there. But in a simbiatic world such as ours we still need them.

garyfotodiver:
Every time I walk into the closest LDS to me, I feel as if I am dealing with a buy-here, pay-here used car salesman. They don't have a very large selection, so they willshow something and then tell me that this is exactly what I need. So I don't buy much from them.

This is the place where the 20-ish clerk told me that I would kill myself if I didn't dive with a computer.

However, because they have an in-store pool, I let my kids take their initial classroom and confined water training.
that is the same kind of treatment i used to get at the other lds i was going to, i dont get that anymore, i am treated like and am friends with the people i deal with now, soo nice!!!

Simple answer, go find a better LDS, then go back to the old one and tell them, preferablly with other customers in the store and loud enough for them to hear, who you are using now and why.

They lose enough customer's they'll get the point.

Lucky me.....Scubatoys IS my LDS! Selection is great and the service is better. Every time I go in it doesn't matter who I deal with, be it Larry, Joe or one of the many others, they are great to work with. I can't imagine be treated like you were after spending $1500 at the shop. Larry is spot on, it's way cheaper to keep a customer than to gain a new one. It doesn't sound to me like your LDS will be around for long anyway. Good luck finding a good one!

BTW Larry thanks for the outstanding customer service and AWESOME gear! Scuba toys has a lifer from me AND my friend who also bought gear the same day.

see kids how this all works.

speaking of scubatoys...i've emailed you larry 4-5 times over the past few months with various gear questions, and not once have i received a reply. ended up getting my answers, and spending my money, elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom