My weather forcast plus a big "whew"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, I think the rain is over for Oahu. I know they say more is coming, but I don't believe it.

JB was hit by an IED today...just called via satellite and reminded me about the new "factory armored" Hum-V that he got yesterday. he says it saved them he thinks.
whew, that would have sucked.

thanks, Frank. You're a constant suport to me. I am not trying to get sympathy, but it's not like I can call his mom, you know? Kinda nice to have an outlet. Don't really even tell the kids. My son ask me everyday if our house is high enough, he worries about the floods, what happens if we "lose the war"? Will they come here? Damn, those teachers in pre-school with those fire-ant and killer bee presentations, you know? Everyday he would come home with new disaster stickers on his lunch box.....he worries. What can a five year old do about killer bees?

yes, I agree! Let's just worry about the real stuff and forget the fireants.

:11:!!! Thank goodness he is safe!! lets hope that is remains his only encounter...

Some teachers...always stiring the pot....:frown:

As for the weather...I hope you are right, but it did start raining at around 3:30 again.

On the news they just said that we are getting record rains...breaking the old record from 1917...time to stop now...

catherine96821:
Well, I think the rain is over for Oahu. I know they say more is coming, but I don't believe it.

JB was hit by an IED today...just called via satellite and reminded me about the new "factory armored" Hum-V that he got yesterday. he says it saved them he thinks.
whew, that would have sucked.

Glad he is okay, tell him that eveyone here is praying for their safe return. I am so glad that they finally spent the money to protect our soldiers. In Somalia they never did give us any Armor Hum-V, lost a good friend because of that.

I am so sorry.

yes, I am thankful.

This is tour 3 and he did get a lot of great gear: scopes, microfiber everything, armor, a very expensive and LIGHT helmet, GPS. When they were diverted from the Australian outback (Darwin) after 9/11, they had no coats for 6 weeks in sub freezing weather. so much better equipment wise, now.

Thanks, I do pass on every message believe it or not.

I believe it. It means so much to the soldiers to get messages and letters from the states. It sucks being so far from the people you love and being shot at all the times. I remember being first married and being deployed to Cuba, Gitmo Bay(?) I ran the telephone calling card up to $700. dallars in two month. Thanks now to sat phones it is a lot cheaper:wink: . AT&T got rich off me :D

Back
Top Bottom