Masks for Snorkeling???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krissy19747

Reaction score
I need to get a prescription mask for snorkeling, and i cant find anywhere to help me decide what the best kind to get would be, can anyone help me? I have no idea what the differences in how many windows they have, or with or without a purge...Thanks.

If you're sticking to shallow snorkeling and not concerned about getting a super low volume mask for deeper freediving, the cressi's Big Eyes or Horizon are very tough to beat for view and are also available in prescription. It's also a great mask for scuba because of the view.

yes, i would agree with holdingmybreath. The Cressi's are a great all around mask. If you do venture out into freediving or scuba then you will have a mask suitable for those purposes. Find a dive store and start trying on some masks and as stated before, fit is your primary consideration.

Fit

Low Volume

Black Skirt

www.omerdiving.com makes propper freediving masks with perscription lenses.

hi thanks for the responses, but i cant find those masks anywhere w prescription lenses available...??

Many people also like the Mares X-Vision and it is available with prescription lenses or they can be added. Just a thought it that under water things appear larger and often someone who wears glasses above water does not feel the need under water. You can also wear contacts inside a mask.

Black skirt is definitely the way to go. Try this for an experiment. Put on a clear skirted mask and have a light or the sun shine in from the side. You will notice glare on the inside of the lense. This is where the black comes in as it does not let light in the side to create any glare.

Double post!

Black skirt is a personal preference not the only way to go. I prefer clear and I don't have any problems with glare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom