Invisibleshield screen protectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rboyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anybody used these? http://www.shieldzone.com/
I saw these and they do custom orders + They have a lifetime warrenty on them.
Just thought Id throw this out for those things you cannot find protectors for.
If you have used or seen these let me know.
Thanks rboyer

Hmm... I used this or another competitor exactly like it for my iPod. A little bit of a pain to put on, but great once applied. Never though to use this for my dive computer. Not sure how well it would hold up in constant saltwater.

Well, the other thing that I think would be a problem is the fact that my screen protector does more than just protect against scratches - the way it's wedged into the bezel, it protects against me smacking the face of my dive computer into something hard and glass-breaky. Like a more geeky version of those old Swatch Guards. :) But I suppose it depends on your computer.

(For the record: Suunto Vyper.)

PDA screen protectors will do the exact same thing for a LOT less $$$.

If you take a sheet of regular copy paper and trace the outline of your faceplate on it...actually pushhing it into the corners with a stylus really works great...this will serve as a template. Simply cut your screen protector out using the template and you're good to go.

I have 2 seasons going my mosquito and it still holds well.

The heavy grade Scotch brand 2" clear tape sells for $4 a roll (at full retail)

I'm pretty clumsy. I replace my dive computer and LumiNox Watch crystal only once a year.

The stuff works, use an Exacto knife.

so those pda screen protectors dont peel off after constant diving?

I am still waiting on mine for my Suunto D9. But from what I hear, its all good :wink:

mayastig:
so those pda screen protectors dont peel off after constant diving?

We put those things on the rebreather computer faces, and they work GREAT! We replaced one set after about 200 cave dives. Hadn't peeled, but was a bit crusty. Replaced for under $5.

Good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom